Skip to main content

What are you going to do about it?

If you have the time, go see the film Julie and Julia. Why? Because it's sweet and enchanting, yes. But mostly because it might just inspire you to wake up tomorrow and do something to differently in order to set the wheels in motion for that thing you've been dreaming of, by doing it just one day at a time. I heard this morning from Terri Savelle, how do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time... In the same vein as Mother Teresa said, " If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one." It's no good being disappointed and disillusioned for lack of time, lack of money, lack of resources or even lack of encouragement and not doing anything as a result. Me moved, be passionate about something, let you passion drive you to things in ways you never imagined before. As Joyce Meyer recently said, "There is only one thing that I cannot do, and that is nothing"


If you died today what would people the who knew you best and loved you most, what would they say about you?


Would they describe you as loving and kind? Would they say that you were generous and always on time? Would they say that no matter how busy you were you made time for them? Would they say they remember the time when they first saw a dress you had made and how it was exciting to see you develop your talent, by investing in your artistic gift to see you begin making clothes that were part of transforming peoples lives? Would they say how they remember your first fashion show, how on that day they were enveloped by an all consuming display of light and dark and great sounds and silence that brought them to a place where they thought anything could happen and, as the models entered the arena, that they thought just maybe this, that this could be like a glimpse, just a glimpse of the throne room of heaven? or would they say, that they always wondered why you never did more? Why you never pursued your potential? Would they say it was a shame?


Without a vision, people perish.

"To live without Hope is to Cease to live." Fyodor Dostoevsky


ALL Nature seems at work. Slugs leave their lair—
The bees are stirring—birds are on the wing—
And Winter, slumbering in the open air,
Wears on his smiling face a dream of Spring!
And I, the while, the sole unbusy thing,
Nor honey make, nor pair, nor build, nor sing.

Yet well I ken the banks where amaranths blow,
Have traced the fount whence streams of nectar flow.
Bloom, O ye amaranths! bloom for whom ye may,
For me ye bloom not! Glide, rich streams, away!
With lips unbrighten'd, wreathless brow, I stroll:
And would you learn the spells that drowse my soul?
Work without Hope draws nectar in a sieve,
And Hope without an object cannot live.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

What is your vision? What is your dream? If you don't have a plan, your dream will remain a fantasy. Write it down. Start to live it. One day at a time. It doesn't have to cost money, but maybe it will. It doesn't have to be time consuming, but it might be sometimes.

What do you like doing? Not what do you like doing that's useful!! Just what do you like? Whatever that is, learn it, practice it, study it, share it, become more passionate about it, and as they say in that famous slogan :

JUST DO IT

Popular posts from this blog

If not now, then when?

Sometimes in the seeking I'm so overwhelmed by the possibilities that fear paralyses me and I feel like I can barely breathe. The weight of the gift is pressing down on my chest, and I don't know If I'll ever get through it. At this time in my life more than any other, or in fact for the first time in my life, I feel alone. Like a desert island, no ships breaking on my shore. And yet I know I need this. A simple time to gather my thoughts, a pause in time to find my way. But in the silence sometimes all I can hear is my heartbeat. That heavy muscle banging on a steel drum. And so I turn the music louder, to drown it out, wishing away the the thoughts that chase me. But when I dare, I stop and turn down the white noise, and hail to the Creator, I seek an audience with Him. I need more life breath to keep me here. Peace to transcend my weary thoughts. And as I look, in that moment, I see a glimpse of His reflected beauty. My friends, artists - creators - beating out the hu

Brand new Ernest shoulder bag from Andromeda Olsen Nalum

My new Ernest shoulder bag is now available online  http://www.alittlemarket.com/boutique/andromedaolsennalum-764503.html