Skip to main content

Spring into action!

So, today is Easter monday, I'm am home just relaxing, thinking about what I would do if I was gonna start designing a new collection today??!!

So how would I start out designing a collection - honestly - I would grab some paper, or if I was really thinking about it a sketch book, and I would start writing, I would start writing all the thoughts that are already in my head:


It's easter, spring is coming, sometimes it's sunny, some times it's raining, new flowers, new life, change, brightness, light, fun, floral.. and on on...


Creating a collection is about finding inspiration and that can be done "quite easily" by starting off with word asociation, image association, how you see the things that inspire you, the details,the way of seeing things maybe noone else has picked up on.
The next step would be to start flipping through some magazines(or image banks on the internet) to find some images and more ideas that correspand to the theme. So if I'm thinking about a springtime theme I would probably pick out some images like these:
















When I start picking out images, I'm not too afraid of clichés, sometimes they actually make for great inspiration... Sometimes I'm looking for a theme(spring time), sometimes a colour(yellow red and green!), sometimes texture, detail, idea(vintage) .
Obviously, my mind is rolling, thinking about designing clothes, so I would also look out for some images of clothes:


















So now we have a few images we can start to think about what we are trying to create. A collection of womenswear that is coherent in it appearance. It's always good to write a brief statement about the theme and then start drawing:


Bring a fresh out look for spring -
Vibrant colours precede soft ivory tones for this holiday restart. Taking egg yolk yellow, and laying it under an ivory sheath softens the bursting flavour in this delicate shell. It is a time to rethink, a time to be born, to follow new paths. Along the yellow brick road that we are following there are many obstacles. How we see these obstacles controls how we overcome them. This collection therefore aims to bring glamour and hope to what might otherwise be considered mundane and utility. Picking out new textures and fibres, breathing new life into daily life. This collection will be a sporting glamour hybrid, mixing textutre and detail, form and function. From fresh air to funfair, hold on tight, the future is around the corner.











Popular posts from this blog

If not now, then when?

Sometimes in the seeking I'm so overwhelmed by the possibilities that fear paralyses me and I feel like I can barely breathe. The weight of the gift is pressing down on my chest, and I don't know If I'll ever get through it. At this time in my life more than any other, or in fact for the first time in my life, I feel alone. Like a desert island, no ships breaking on my shore. And yet I know I need this. A simple time to gather my thoughts, a pause in time to find my way. But in the silence sometimes all I can hear is my heartbeat. That heavy muscle banging on a steel drum. And so I turn the music louder, to drown it out, wishing away the the thoughts that chase me. But when I dare, I stop and turn down the white noise, and hail to the Creator, I seek an audience with Him. I need more life breath to keep me here. Peace to transcend my weary thoughts. And as I look, in that moment, I see a glimpse of His reflected beauty. My friends, artists - creators - beating out the hu

Brand new Ernest shoulder bag from Andromeda Olsen Nalum

My new Ernest shoulder bag is now available online  http://www.alittlemarket.com/boutique/andromedaolsennalum-764503.html