Skip to main content

How reflective are you?

We are just a reflection, a representation of an image, an inversion of a reality truer than we can even begin to imagine. Do you see beyond the present, are your thoughts facing toward eternity? If we are merely a reflection, wouldn't it be something to be extremely reflective?! Have you noticed how reflective you are lately? Have you thought about what you might need to do to shine brighter? Are you standing in the light source?

Sometimes I shine with the wind on my face. Sometimes I shine while riding a bicycle. Sometimes I shine when I find fashion books at my local library. Sometimes I shine when sushi is served on an electric conveyor belt. Sometimes I shine while laughing with a friend. Sometimes I shine while knitting in a café. Why do I shine at these things? Because I am thankful. Because I am alive. Because I know there is more to life than this. Because I know that this life is not about me. Because even though those things here and now may pass away, 3 things will remain, faith, hope and love, the greatest of these is love. These times are some of those when I am most reflective, when I'm thankful to the one who knit me together. When I know where I came from and where I'm going...


Popular posts from this blog

If not now, then when?

Sometimes in the seeking I'm so overwhelmed by the possibilities that fear paralyses me and I feel like I can barely breathe. The weight of the gift is pressing down on my chest, and I don't know If I'll ever get through it. At this time in my life more than any other, or in fact for the first time in my life, I feel alone. Like a desert island, no ships breaking on my shore. And yet I know I need this. A simple time to gather my thoughts, a pause in time to find my way. But in the silence sometimes all I can hear is my heartbeat. That heavy muscle banging on a steel drum. And so I turn the music louder, to drown it out, wishing away the the thoughts that chase me. But when I dare, I stop and turn down the white noise, and hail to the Creator, I seek an audience with Him. I need more life breath to keep me here. Peace to transcend my weary thoughts. And as I look, in that moment, I see a glimpse of His reflected beauty. My friends, artists - creators - beating out the hu

Brand new Ernest shoulder bag from Andromeda Olsen Nalum

My new Ernest shoulder bag is now available online  http://www.alittlemarket.com/boutique/andromedaolsennalum-764503.html