Skip to main content

Fashion from the future


I would like to introduce you to a designer called Julian Roberts, I have memories of stories about him, but truth be known, I have only just discovered him for myself. I discovered Julian for real, whilst researching 'pattern magic' with a friend, this bright sunday afternoon after eating Chinese food. So bright, so new, techniques I could only have dreamed of and yet here below you will find links to this creator available and free to all. Why? Beacause he, like me, has decided that it is better to share than to hide, he has decided that he would rather share his techniques with a new and contemporary generation, than to see them die with him. Because watching others live out his techniques reveals new and different beauties that may never have been unveiled except through the eyes and hands of another.


So watch, and listen but more than these shoot, shoot for the moon. You are armed with a bow, and there are arrows in your quiver. Listen to this man, be inspired by a mortal, you have no excuses. This is your time to fire (fire up you imagination), to draw (draw blood) and cut (cut flesh), a time to fight for all that you are dreaming of. This is certainly not the time to turn and run. Show us what you are made of, show us what you believe in. Your actions will reveal your character and your creator, the one who believes in you. The one who has equipped you for the fight. The one who gave beauty a name. The one who calls you beautiful, the one who calls you his own.


This is a reason to live for - to present a visible image of an invisible God.


The Speech


The Subtraction Cuting Demo


The Finale


http://www.julianand.com/

All garments, video, graphics and websites are copyrighted to Julian Roberts (c) 2009.

Popular posts from this blog

If not now, then when?

Sometimes in the seeking I'm so overwhelmed by the possibilities that fear paralyses me and I feel like I can barely breathe. The weight of the gift is pressing down on my chest, and I don't know If I'll ever get through it. At this time in my life more than any other, or in fact for the first time in my life, I feel alone. Like a desert island, no ships breaking on my shore. And yet I know I need this. A simple time to gather my thoughts, a pause in time to find my way. But in the silence sometimes all I can hear is my heartbeat. That heavy muscle banging on a steel drum. And so I turn the music louder, to drown it out, wishing away the the thoughts that chase me. But when I dare, I stop and turn down the white noise, and hail to the Creator, I seek an audience with Him. I need more life breath to keep me here. Peace to transcend my weary thoughts. And as I look, in that moment, I see a glimpse of His reflected beauty. My friends, artists - creators - beating out the hu

Brand new Ernest shoulder bag from Andromeda Olsen Nalum

My new Ernest shoulder bag is now available online  http://www.alittlemarket.com/boutique/andromedaolsennalum-764503.html